Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Sunflower Milk Shake  (Read 1240 times)

Offline BrandonB

• Alumni
Sunflower Milk Shake
« on: May 11, 2008, 10:38:52 PM »
Here is something I hope you all enjoy as much as I do... it will sooth and invigorate.
After making several similar batches... I think this one is a keeper.

For 1 gallon:

3 cups sunflower seeds (soaked 4 hrs or over night)
Drain/rinse seeds and divide
Blend 1/2 seeds in blender with as much H20 as you can, strain the sieve or nut milk bag, Do the same with remaining seeds

4 cups carrot juice (freshly juiced)
2 bananas
3/4 cup flax seed or up to 1 cup ( ground into powder)
1/2 inch thumb size piece of ginger ( chopped/minced)
1/2+ tsp cinnamon or to taste
1/4 + tsp gound nutmeg or to taste
2-3 dates (pitted and chopped) optional 
1/4 - 1/2 cup hemp seeds (optional)
Directions
blend all ingredients in blender in 2-3 batches, stir into wide mouth gallon jar with spoon to incorporate all the goodies. If you don't yield 1 gallon... blend the sunflower pulp with more water to yield more milk to make a full gallon.
After chilling in the fridge for a few hours it really thickens up and achieves a blissful consistency and texture. Awesome right away though.

This is something that will give you practically immediate clean and clear energy. Good amounts of selenium from the sunflower seeds as well as great assimilation and soothing of the digestion tract from the flax and bananas makes this a great protein shake base. Great protein from hemp,flax and sunflower seeds can be bumped up if needed with more hemp, flax or a protein powder. 

Save the seed/ carrot pulp for muffins or bread.

Also important to note is that sunflower seeds contain moderate amounts of oxalic acid. Anyone who is predisposed to kidney stones should not over do it.

If I left out anything I will repost.

Give thanks to the sunflower.
Rock-on

anything