Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Nyquil Alternative?  (Read 4336 times)

Offline NatashaLL

• Alumni
  • BA Economics
    • Little Field of Greens
Nyquil Alternative?
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »
Can anyone reccomend a natural alternative to Nyquil? As well as why Nyquil is possibly not the best for you when you are sick with a cold? Yesterday I came down with a cold (first time being sick in quite awhile :( ) and I could not for the life of me go to sleep because one I was irritable, but mainly my nose was running so bad and into the back of my throat making laying down most uncomfortable.
I don't like taking anything over the counter and I generally do lemon water with honey, kombucha, mineral broth, vitamins (C, multi) and supps like grapefruit seed extract to help me through this but at night time I had to go to this resort. I work in a corporate office and so does my husband and I would love to reccomend natural alternatives when a cold starts to go around.
Also, any kind of throat lozenges to reccomend instead of Halls?

Offline MistyH

• Alumni
Re: Nyquil Alternative?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:21:41 PM »
Shop for Thayers Slippery Elm lozenges should help.  Remember, your runny nose is your body's way of ridding the infection.  Coconut oil is a great anti-viral and pro-biotics will help.  Here's hoping you feel better soon!
Eat Well, Feel Well

Offline VanessaZ

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:42:37 PM »
I have 2 great natural sleep remedies you might want to try (I used to work at night and have tried numerous natural sleep remedies). Bach Rescue Sleep, you can get this at Whole Foods or most Health Food Stores.  The second one is a little stronger but beware tastes a little strong, it is a Sleep Formula made by Mt. Shasta Herb and Health made with Passio Flower, Hops, and Valerian.  You can call Mt. Shasta Herb and Health at (530) 926-0633 and order it.  Hope you are feeling better and got some ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Offline NatashaLL

• Alumni
  • BA Economics
    • Little Field of Greens
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »
Thanks!

I will give these a try and keep them in my back pocket of reccomendations. I am feeling better but still draining if you will - letting the body do it's healing thing. Thanks again!