Emerald Collard Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Author: Bauman College Staff
- 2 bunches collard greens, stems removed, thin chiffonade
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 delicata squash, seeded, roasted, and sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 medium fuyu persimmons, diced
- 1 medium pink lady apple, diced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Prepare collards as directed and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1–2 teaspoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage greens with your hands, kneading and squeezing until they begin to wilt and become soft. Set aside.
- Add vinegar, remaining olive oil, and salt and pepper to a mason jar. Secure the lid and shake until well combined. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dressing to salad, just enough to coat the ingredients. Toss in squash, pumpkin seeds, persimmon, apple, and pomegranate seeds. Serve and enjoy!