forum sub header
alumni-sub-header

Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Health Insurance in CA  (Read 1044 times)

Offline raquelbpm

Health Insurance in CA
« on: November 18, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »
Hi,
Can Bauman Nutrition Consultants with their own practice work with clients who have health insurance? If not, what would be required from a Nutrition Consultant to do so, in California?

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
Re: Health Insurance in CA
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 09:06:47 PM »
Because we cannot provide diagnostic codes for our clients--- only licensed professionals can-- we are stuck not being to interact directly with insurance companies.  Even when our services are specifically prescribed by a licensed professional in their network, the reimbursement rate is inadequate.  Therefore, I ask the client to pay me and I provide a receipt that they can then submit to their health care provider.  Sometimes that does work. 

I encourage you to partner with a licensed practitioner who does take insurance.  I am unaware of any other method that works in California. 
Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College

Offline paulafariagomez

• Student
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »
Hi,

Do you know if this also applies to Flexible Spending Accounts? For instance if a client has a FSA account can they use that to pay for your services?

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:54:21 AM »
I have had some clients pay me from their flexible account. They always need a receipt.
Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College

SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR