forum sub header
alumni-sub-header

Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: VEGAN MACíNí CHEESE  (Read 436 times)

Offline luizagrainbize

• Student
VEGAN MACíNí CHEESE
« on: August 28, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »
Hi, everyone,

I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and I have just started the distance learning Nutrition Consultant program. I want to share this easy vegan recipe - free of gluten and dairy, but full of flavor!

It's from a famous vegan chef here in Brazil. I did her cooking class last week and really enjoyed her recipes : )

VEGAN MACíNí CHEESE (Dairy and gluten free)

Ingredients:

- 250g dried macaroni gluten free
- 25 ounces cashew nut milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Ĺ cup of onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Ĺ cup of oatmeal flour
- 4 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Black pepper

1)   Peel and pick out the onion and the garlic, then place in a pan over a medium heat with 4 tablespoons organic olive oil.
2)   In a food processor put 15 ounces cashew nut milk, nutritional yeast, oatmeal flour, salt and the mix of onion, garlic and olive oil and process until the dough gets a creamy texture.
3)   Place the dough in a pan with 10 ounces cashew nut milk, the macaroni and black pepper. Cook for 20 minutes until the pasta is al dente.

Bon appetit !
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:10:30 AM by luizagrainbize »

Offline AshleyIreland

• Student
Re: VEGAN MACíNí CHEESE
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:22:49 AM »
I love Mac N Cheese! I'm so excited for this recipe!

Thanks again Rio.

-Ashley Ireland

Offline kirinbasra

Re: VEGAN MACíNí CHEESE
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:35:14 PM »
Hi Luiza,

Thank you for sharing this recipe. 
My background is in food science and I recently worked on a vegan mac'n cheese concept for a client/.  It was such a great experience and allowed me to get creative.

In our development, we also used cashews.  Cashews have a nice, neutral profile, in comparison to the other nut-butters. Have you explored adding butternut squash to this dish?  I've tried a similar recipe to the one you've shared with the addition of a butternut squash sauce - which consisted of roasted, pureed squash, coconut cream , white-wine and a hint of cayenne.  It pairs perfectly with the ingredients you listed in your recipe :)

SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR
anything