forum sub header
alumni-sub-header

Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Vegan Alfredo Pasta  (Read 824 times)

Offline mariamontijo

• Alumni
Vegan Alfredo Pasta
« on: October 10, 2017, 12:49:56 PM »
Hi everyone! This is one of my absolute favorite and easiest recipes and is perfect for a quick weeknight meal and hearty and filling on a cold night!
Simply cut up one head of cauliflower crown, (about a pound) and boil it until soft, about five minutes. Next, process it in a food processor until smooth and creamy with some of the water used to boil it. I add Salt, usually Italian seasonings, a little cayenne, and raw garlic, but you can really add anything you like. Fresh basil and parsley are also delicious additions either blended with the sauce or sprinkled right on top! The only thing after that to do is enjoy with your favorite noodles, gluten free pasta, spaghetti squash or zoodles, which is what I use this time of the year since my garden is going crazy with zucchini!
I was a little skeptical that cauliflower could substitute so well for cheesy, creamy Alfredo, but I was certainly wrong; even fooled some pretty picky kids... ;)
Enjoy and bon appetite!

Offline connypena

• Student
Re: Vegan Alfredo Pasta
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 01:54:31 PM »
Hi Maria.

This is one of my new favorite recipes and I just made it yesterday for my cafe.  I have a slightly different version, but basically still the same premise.  I add onion, garlic, fresh herbs and sometimes white wine when I am cooking down the cauliflower.  The cauliflower tends to absorb all of the flavors it is being cooked with.  From there, I use a Vitamix to create a creamier texture and then add a touch of nutritional yeast, Himalayan salt and a bit of sesame oil to it to bring that cheesy flavor into the sauce.  It is a crowd pleaser for sure.  Also, if you omit some of the liquid from the sauce, it is a great dipping sauce.  Cauliflower is so versatile in this way.  Thanks for posting! 

Offline jennyosipova

• Student
Re: Vegan Alfredo Pasta
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:39:28 AM »
Looks great with cauliflower! I make mine with tofu! I blend silken tofu, caramelized onions and garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper with nutritional yeast. Vegan parmesan also works here. So good, my guests don't even know its vegan!

SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR