forum sub header
alumni-sub-header

Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (gluten, dairy, & refined sugar free!)  (Read 33 times)

Offline catherinegallagher

• Student
Hi friends !

While exploring this wonderful community forum, I was THRILLED when I saw  this Recipe Exchange section! What a brilliant idea!

Ever since switching over to a more health conscious lifestyle, I feel in love with experimenting in the kitchen. I found a new passion in trying to make regular sugar loaded recipes healthier!

I thought I would share one of my favorites. It is paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, & refined sugar free! The added chocolate will satisfy any sweet tooth and best of all, its low in sugar. However, feel free to omit the chocolate & feel free to add nuts (maybe 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans!)

Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
4 eggs, whisked
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (try dairy free!)

Instructions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350F.
2.) In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Mix until just combined.
3.) Transfer dough to a 8in x 4in loaf pan, greased (line with parchment paper for easy removal)
            May also use a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
4.) Sprinkle with pumpkin spice, a few chocolate chips.
5.) Bake in oven for 50-65 minutes (or 40-55 mixtures for 9 x 5 pan) or until center is firm. Check bread halfway through baking time, if top begins to burn, cover edges with foil.
6.) Remove bread from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan.
7.) Then carefully transfer bread from the pan onto a wire rack to cool for another 10-15 minutes before cutting into slices (cooling is an important step!)

Enjoy friends! Let me know if you ended up making this mouth-watering, scrumptious treat!

SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR