Natural Chef Alumna, Hillori Hansen, and her daughter, Sienna, show us how to prepare a simple and delicious seasonal fruit salad that will be sure to delight friends and family and be the highlight of any summer cookout!
Be sure to check out Hillori’s Alumni Spotlight Video to hear about her journey at Bauman College.
- 3 cups stone fruit (peaches, plums, apricots, pluots, or cherries)
- 2 cups berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, and zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- Cut stone fruit into ½-inch wedges and quarter strawberries
- Zest and juice lemons and add ½ cup of honey, stirring to dissolve
- Add fruit to lemon and honey mixture and add in the chopped fresh mint
- Toss gently by folding the fruit and dressing mixture until combined
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (up to 6 hours)
- Right before serving, give it another toss and garnish with a fresh sprig of mint