forum sub header
alumni-sub-header

Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Maple Snickerdoodle Bites  (Read 265 times)

Offline parisesaman

• Student
Maple Snickerdoodle Bites
« on: October 18, 2018, 07:18:20 PM »
Hello Bauman Community!

I wanted to share one of my favorite dessert recipies. I've adapted this recipe from numerous others, experimenting along the way. If you have any suggestions, please send my way!

Maple Snickerdoodle Bites 
Grain free, Gluten free - can be Vegan

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

Serves: 12-15

Dry ingredients:
2 cups almond flour
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Wet ingredients:
1/4 cup coconut oil or margarine (or both), melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 egg (at room temperature) or 1 flax egg: 1 tablespoon ground flax seed & 3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Coating:
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
Pinch of salt

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients until well combined.

- In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk together. If you donít have time to bring your egg to room temperature, whisk egg, vanilla extract, and maple syrup first. Then, slowly pour in the melted coconut oil/butter while whisking simultaneously.

- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Should result in a dough thick enough to roll balls. If the dough is moist or sticky, add coconut flour by the tablespoon and incorporate it thoroughly until you can roll it into balls.

- By hand, roll dough into equal sized balls about an inch in diameter and place them on the baking sheet.

- In a small bowl, combine the coating ingredients and roll each ball in the mixture until completely coating. Place each ball back on the baking sheet, evenly spaced apart. If you'd like these as cookies, you can press them down by hand. Personally, I prefer the balls. :)

- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

Offline ameliawilliamson

• Student
Re: Maple Snickerdoodle Bites
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »
Goodness! I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this!

I was assigned desserts for this years family holiday party and I was recently gifted some awesome maple syrup from a friends property! This will totally highlight and do justice to the maple syrup!
Excited to try these out! Thanks for posting!

SPEAK WITH AN ADVISOR